Is it Summer Yet?

Happy 2010!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Memorial Service for our Critters


RIP Little Critters


Boy, Lauren's hamster (Tiki) was sure getting fat. We thought nothing was wrong until she couldn't fit down the tube yesterday. I picked her up and her belly was so full and enormous that there was no way it was putting on the winter pounds. I felt around her and then she was gasping for air. Lauren says "lets take her to the vet." I knew there was no hope and there was no way I was going to give CPR. She died in my hand peacefully within a minute and Lauren put her in a heart box with a condolence note and some hearts. She said she always wanted to be a vet someday. I'll guess she'll be good since she didn't shed a tear. We had a graveyard service outside in the bitter cold and the funniest thing was trying to shovel the ice up from the ground. The boys missed it since they are in Florida for Brendon's soccer tournament. Laker is glad it's gone since he always licked his chops every time we took her out.
Brendon's lizard died a couple of weeks ago and we've been waiting for a special day to bury him. Brendon had him a few years and I don't think he'll miss feeding him crickets all the time, especially when they got loose in his bedroom. I guess we'll have another service next to Tiki tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home